Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo 2013













I've participated in National Novel Writing Month for four years, plus a CampNaNoWriMo, and today is the first day for 2013.  It's a chance to write 50,000 words in one month, which makes a good dent in a novel, and enjoy the support of a lovely community of fellow writers.  (All us lonely writers, writing together like the world will change.  It does.)  For some reason, these bursts of creativity work well with my writing process, so I've loved every minute when not biting through my tongue or hyperventilating.

My kids are also participating in the Young Writer's Program, which allows them to choose their own wordcounts.  They've done this for three years, now, and get excited every time it comes up, chatting for a month beforehand about which stories they'll be working on.

Come check it out and join me!  And if you're not sure about it this time, brainstorm like mad to have ideas ready for next year.  It's the most fantastic rush, and the reward is worth every instant of madness.  I'll be your writing buddy, if you'll be mine.

--Elm

No comments:

Post a Comment