Friday, November 14, 2014

NaNo 2014 Week 2 - On Things That Are Warm

See my new writing jewelry? A pretty 16 GB memory stick to keep my novel with me always. This baby is so little, it slides right into the usb port and warms up as my novel transfers onto it. Voila! Safe. I feel warm, too.

Wordcount 16599

Not quite 23K. But okay, I have to share my oh-so-warming news.

I have done five rewrites for this book. Rewrites, as in started from scratch with a year's worth of world-building every single time. Plus I took a NaNo to write part of the second book so I could clarify my main character. So I will tell you, the idea of starting over again was more than I could fathom. I really struggled with it.

But what are wonderful writing tools for? I'm using this year's NaNo to end this thing. And this week, I realized something that was pure sunlight to my soul.

This is not a rewrite, this is a revision.

I graduated! #singingdancinghallelujahs

This is 16599 words of a new beginning, new material through chapter eight, and some world-building that five years hasn't brought about. Do you know how much I love writing? (Yes, even with the love-hate thing.) It's the most heart-warming, satisfying thing on the planet. Worth putting in all that time and love and thought... or it will be.

Thanks for being warm with me :). Keep writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment